The Parent and Teacher Association (PTA) has two main objective – to raise funds for the school and to build community.
Our fundraising initiatives for 2019:
- My School Card – we ran a competition to encourage people to sign up
- Sold food and drinks at the gala in February
- Sold raffle tickets for an Easter hamper
- Sold food and drinks at the sports day in May
- Sold raffle tickets for a Mother’s Day hamper
- Señor Chef fundraiser in the third term
- Spring Ball – cancelled as we couldn’t sell enough tickets to make it financially viable
- Sold pizza and drinks at the concert in November
To build community:
- We supported Mandy Brennan in her charity event for Sophie’s Day Care Haven in Diepsloot
- Camp out – cancelled due to lack of interest
The funds raised during the year will be spent on the staff end-of-year lunch, a Senior Management and Board Members’ farewell lunch for Deon Visser, and to pay for long service awards. We also paid for the catering at the Annual General Meeting held on 17 April 2019.
On behalf of the PTA I want to thank all the parents who volunteered their time to help us braai boerewors and sell cold drinks during the year. And to each and every person who bought a raffle ticket – thank you!
A special word of appreciation goes to Aileen Kennaugh, who has served on the PTA for MANY years, and to Michelle Colyn, who joined us this year.
By Zelda Pringle