Unity College has come a long way since its humble beginning in 1990. We’ve seen the school badge change from a linked chain and a dove – to symbolize the importance of parents, pupils and staff working co-operatively to ensure an atmosphere of peace and harmony – to a lion, flag and crown – to symbolize the courage and strength it takes for our pupils to be victorious. The original motto “Endure to Achieve” changed to “The best I can be” and more recently to “Dignity and Independence”.
But some things have not changed over the years: the dedication of the staff; opportunities for the pupils to take part in stimulating activities; and the wonderful atmosphere of acceptance. From golf and drum majorettes, to learning how to do crafts and arrange flowers… we share some photos from the Unity College album. Enjoy taking a trip down memory lane!
- Learning how to arrange flowers - 1991
- First computer room - 1992
- The class of 1994
- Drum majorettes at the Cedar Road premises
- Hlalapansi Craft Centre at Cedar Road premises 2001
- Celebrating the school's 10th birthday, with Rachel, Barbie and Esme
- Nicola Walker and Raunak Paul - they are both grown up now!
- Smart uniforms
- Staff 2005
- Learning how to play golf
- Grandparents Day 2012
- Camp Konka - Intermediate Camp 2013
- Annual school concert - 2013