POSITION: Mother / Mom / Mama / Dad / Daddy / Dada.
JOB DESCRIPTION: This is a permanent post – HOURS: 168 Hours a week, 52 weeks per year.
SALARY= R 0.00
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Partner, disabled child, other children and extended family. ESSENTIAL CRITERIA:
- The ability to love unconditionally (under extreme provocation at times)
- Boundless energy and patience
- The ability to work under immense pressure (sometimes/Frequently with little or no sleep)
- Must be prepared to work anti-social hours, with no sick leave or time off in lieu.
- Physical strength (this role requires a lot of manual labour, well developed shoulder and back muscles are therefore essential)
- The ability to balance the needs of this child with the needs of other children, and family life. (This could include combining this role with full / part time employment and/or study).
- A “Thick skin” (this role receives a lot of criticism, you will need to prepared to be stared at and judged by others around you at all times)
- The ability to skilfully negotiate, advocate and mediate on behalf of your child. (A good telephone manner would be useful)
- Excellent organisational skills (you will have to juggle a variety of appointments without the support of a secretary / personal assistant)
- The ability to multitask.
- Good networking skills combined with the ability to work independently and use your own initiative.
- Must be prepared to become skilled in non-verbal communication techniques and interpretation of body language.
- Must not be fazed by body fluids.
- Must have an empathetic nature, (able to work with children / adults who may be distressed)
- A good sense of humour is essential.