Junior Smiths’ class (11 Sept. 2015) with their 9 pocket recycling bags. The idea is to fill, offload, re-fill. Happy recycling everybody!
Recycling is easy; you don’t have to start big to make an impact.
Here are some simple tips from TGRC to educate your family and friends
- Glass containers, bottles and jars, such as those used for food and beverages can be recycled.
- Encourage those around you to do the same – wouldn’t they feel guilty throwing away glass that can be so easily recycled? Take your kids with you and show them how and where to put their bottles.
- Make sure you take back returnable bottles your retailer which will washed and sterilised hygienically by the manufacturer, refilled and reused – these include large beer bottles, certain glass cool drink bottles and even many of the bottles used for spirits and liquor.
- In South Africa, it’s not necessary to place different coloured glass into separate banks or wash glass before placing it into “Glass Banks”
- Glass can easily be recycled by taking glass bottles and jars to a ‘glass bank’ in your community, you can find a glass bank on our website; www.tgrc.co.za or by sending a text message with the word ‘glass’ and the name of your suburb to 32310, at a cost of R1.00 per SMS, eg: Glass Fourways
Learn more about recycling