If you are considering Unity College as the school of choice for your child, the following process needs to be followed:
- Contact the school Senior Admin Officer to set up an appointment to see the Principal and Team of professionals.
- Parents and the child are invited to attend an initial interview. The following documentation should be brought to the initial interview:
- Latest school report
- Latest Speech Therapist report and assessment
- Latest Occupational Therapist report and assessment
- Latest Psycho-educational report
These assessments help staff identify the level at which your child is working. Learners may then be invited for a two week trial period at the school to ascertain whether Unity College is the most suitable placement. The school has a waiting list, which governs placement into classes. Applicants are organised from the date of registration.
- If suitable, a trial period of two weeks is set up at a non-refundable cost of R3 000.00
- Feedback from the full team occurs and a decision is reached regarding your child.
- Feedback to the parent occurs.
- If your child is a suitable candidate, placement will be offered or a position on the waiting list. If you child is not suitable, alternative recommendations will be made.
We look forward to meeting you and your child soon.